Join Sustainable Silicon Valley
We work with partners in San Mateo, Santa Clara, northern Santa Cruz and southern Alameda counties to help set them on a successful – and measurable – path towards more sustainable business practices.
With over 100 organizations pledging to reduce CO2 emissions, and hundreds of individuals supporting our programs and events, SSV is a successful facilitator of improved regional environmental management.
Become a partner, friend, volunteer or donor. Whatever fits your situation, be part of a growing coalition of businesses, governments, community organizations and individuals committed to building a thriving economy and healthy environment for Silicon Valley.
Set Your Own Pace
The partner commitment is a voluntary one and there are no sanctions for failing to meet the goals set for a given year.
Partners in SSV choose their own baseline year and a CO2 and water percentage reduction goal to reach by 2020. Each pledging partner also chooses how to meet this target, whether by equipment efficiency improvements (e.g., new equipment), conserving energy (e.g., behavioral changes), increasing the use of renewable energy sources (e.g., photovoltaic systems), or purchasing green power.
SSV Partner Benefits
To support our partners in achieving their goals, SSV provides:
- Educational forums on a wide range of environmental and energy topics
- Ongoing exchange of best practices
- Training in “green” practices
- Public recognition and media attention
- Access to resources and funding
- Exclusive EcoCouncil events with industry leaders and sustainability experts
- Tools to track energy and water usage data to drive energy efficiency, renewable energy investments and investments in water conservation and efficiency measures
- Promotion as a strong environmental steward on our Website and in various SSV publications